Halloween is a great opportunity to gather your friends and watch together some creepy horror movies that you wouldn’t dare watching all by yourself, and with Halloween only a couple of weeks away, you should start preparing your little “party”, beginning with some must-see horror movies. Here’s a top 5 of my recommendations of Halloween movies this year:
1. The Shining – The film adaptation of Stephen King’s novel with the same name is a classic and a must for, those who haven’t watched it yet. Jack Nicholson plays perfectly the role of a possessed father who is determined to kill his family in a creepy, haunted, abandoned hotel.
Image Source: The Shining
2. Evil Dead – To be honest, I haven’t watched such a well-plotted horror movie for a long time. Despite the recent twist in the approach of horror movies which have come to be rather disgusting than scary, Evil Dead returns to the original concept, resulting in the perfect combination between blood an d pure fear and tension. Definitely a top choice for this year’s list of Halloween movies.
Image Source: Evil Dead
3. The Silence of the Lambs – This movie is not for the fainthearted, so be prepared for some shocking and scary scenes, but it’s definitely worth it.
4. Halloween – Oldie but goldie indeed. Although this movie caused the appearance of hundreds similar other movies, it is well above them. Fear, panic, terror, suspense – the perfect recipe without too much blood!
Image Source: Halloween
5. 28 days later – One of the few zombie movies really worth watching. It is particularly renowned for its fresh approach to the horror zombie genre – with zombies that gather speed!
Image Source: 28 Days Later
Now that you have the list of Halloween movies, where should you get them from? Barnes and Noble has an impressive collection with more than 26 pages of Halloween DVDs, and if you manage to get one of the many Barnes and Noble coupons, you can get up to 50% OFF Halloween DVDs or free shipping for $25 + orders! Google for Barnes and Noble coupon codes and you can choose and redeem the coupon you think is the most “generous”. Anyway, make sure the website is a verified source before using the code.
Check Barnes and Noble for their wide selection of movies and choose those for you and your friends. If you don’t like my list, make your own, and what else can I say: have a spooky Halloween! Do not foget to use coupons for saving money!